Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dear Target:

You must know small children love erasers.

You must also know they love bunnies, chicks, and all things Springy.

So of course you would combine the two during the Easter season.

What a genius idea!

I grabbed a small satchel full and tossed it merrily into my cart. Knowing that I would be filling at least 12 of our plastic eggs with them and picturing the delight on my childrens faces as they opened each one and squealed with delight. They would fondly show each other their different erasers and trade as they saw fit.

Sure, they would lose a few along the way. But they would also store some in their craft drawer. One special one may even make it's way into their treasure box, neatly tucked away under their bed. To be pulled out on a rainy day in the future drumming up sweet memories of Easters gone by.

It was almost 11pm when I poured out all the loot onto the living room floor and began to lovingly fill their precious baskets with the things I had carefully picked out. I painstakingly peeled the Target labeled sticker off the large clear kaleidoscope bouncy balls and arranged them just so in their baskets.

Gumballs are a favorite around here these days, so I filled up 12 eggs with gumballs and set them aside.

I had saved the best for last. The Easter erasers.

I pulled them from the bag and my hands froze. A gasp escaped my lips. As I inspected them more closely, I could not believe my eyes.

Printed in bold black letters on each individual eraser was TARGET. Followed by some numbers and a reference to China.

China we can get away with. In fact, it tends to help our case at times. "Oh the Easter Bunny must have picked that up all the way in China! How special!".

But T-A-R-G-E-T?

My girls are both reading! And my little boy could probably even recognize TARGET. Being that all the letters of his entire first name are within that one word.

Seriously?

Are you trying to shatter the imaginations of small children across the globe? Are you also planning on outing the Tooth Fairy or airing commercials this winter showing parents stuffing the stockings hung with care?

Needless to say, I swiftly hid the erasers away for the time being. My plan in a few days is to produce the erasers after one of my many ventures to your store and present them to my offspring. Simply saying I saw them while I was out running errands and thought they might enjoy them.

Please be more careful in the future.

Sincerely,
A disappointed loyal customer

1 comment:

david said...

Awww...hey since it's been a few days...I thought I would remind you that they are on top of the fridge.

Site Meter