Friday, February 08, 2008

Birthday Boy

David turned another year older earlier this week. Here are a few fun facts about his special day:

- It's become a tradition that we let the kids pick out their own gifts to each of us on special occasions. As we perused the aisles of Wal-Mart, Drue's eyes lit up and she reached her arms out of the cart to get his treasured gift...trial sized women's deodorant. (I cheated a little on our tradition and steered her quickly away from that, however. Her next pick was a Superhero T-shirt).

- His restaurant of choice for his sophisticated, grown up celebration...Chuck E. Cheese.

- It has snowed almost every year on his birthday. This year was no exception.

- David and I are 6 months apart in age. Most people that I come into contact with are surprised when they learn that. They guess him to be much older than me. I am choosing to take that to mean I look young, and not that they think he acts more mature than me.

- As we were getting the girls ready for bed the night of his birthday, he ducked into our bedroom, then came walking slowly back into their room with a puzzled look on his face admitting, "I have no idea what I went in there to get". (Hmmmm...I believe this is one of the first signs....)

No comments:

Site Meter