Sunday, May 31, 2009

Omaha Zoo Trip

We had a great trip to the Omaha Zoo over Memorial Day weekend. After a few minor annoyances at our hotel (rude guest who stole our pool towels, having to call maintenance to fix the air in our room, and having to request a new blanket for the kids because the one in our room was stuck together by some unidentified substance) our trip went really well. And this was at a Doubletree for crying out loud!

We stayed at the zoo until 4pm. No naps, no fits, and no fainting from pure exhaustion. We rode the train, saw the butterfly exhibit, the aquarium (which scared Tate), the dark underworld of the crocodiles (which scared Drue), and rode the sky safari (which scared Mommy!). I took about 5 pictures of David and Tate riding behind us and this is the only one that wasn't blurry from my hand shaking so badly. Not a lover of the heights.
 


Sitting pretty...eating ice cream.
 


Glow in the dark jellyfish. What cool pets those would be!
 


Non-shaky picture of Reesie.
 

I rode with the girls and kept saying, "Don't lean over the edge to look down. Just look straight ahead or to the side." I thought riding with the girls would make it less scary for me because if my 4 & 6 year old weren't scared of plunging to their impending doom, why should I be? Wrong. I was probably more scared, knowing full well I was frozen in place, hoping I would be able to unfreeze myself to grab them if they decided to fling themselves over the bar into the giraffe dung below.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter