Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Truth Comes Out

Ahhhhhh....sibling rivalry.

I know, I know, it's only just begun. We have 12 more years left with all 3 kids living under one roof. There are bound to be some scuffles (is that the word I wanted?) along the way.

And I've probably mentioned before how their rowdiest time of the day coincides nicely with the time of day my energy level and patience are at their lowest.

Tonight after I got home from work they were being their usual pick nickity (I know that's not a word but am not caring at the moment) selves.

Loud cry. "Tate took the motorcycle I was playing with!!!".

"You mean the one you were playing with last Monday?? Because I haven't seen you playing with it at all the entire time I've been home!".

Reese taught us a new game she learned in Music class and both she and Drue ended up in tears because they both wanted to be my partner.

Quite frankly, I am running out of clever lines to encourage them to treat each other nicer.

When your friends desert you...your sister will always be there.

Think how sad you'd be if you didn't have (insert offending siblings names here) around.

Some children don't have any brothers or sisters around to fight with. (Ok, this one doesn't even make sense to me, but I still throw it out there from time to time).

Anyway, this evening I'd had enough. I plopped down on the couch and tried to savor at least a few moments of sweet togetherness. Drue sat on one side of me and Tate on the other.

Reese flung herself down over my lap on her stomach.

I patted her little back lovingly.

"OUCH!", she hollered out alarmingly.

Then as she peeked behind her said, "Oh, nevermind. I thought Drue hit my back."

I was starting to piece things together here when she continued, "I always yell 'ouch' when Drue hits my back."

No comments:

Site Meter