Tuesday, March 01, 2011

One Track Mind

On February 26, 1995 David asked me out for pizza after church.

And the rest is history.

Corny, I know. But it's a little late in the day for me to be too creative.

This past Saturday we said our "Happy Anniversaries" and reminisced about that day...16 years ago.

Later that evening we took the kids to the movies. As we were driving, David began recounting our first date for them.

"Kids, 16 years ago today I went out for pizza."

A few disinterested "oh"s and "hmmm"s could be heard from the backseat.

"Pepperoni pizza", he continued.

Still not much of a reaction.

"Do you know who ate with me?" he asked.

They started to show a little more interest at that point. "Mommy!" they guessed correctly.

"Yep, I asked Mommy out for pizza after church 16 years ago."

Then he said, "Just think, if she hadn't said yes to pizza, there's a chance that none of this would have happened."

Silence from the back.

"What do you think of that Reese?".

I waited for her sweet answer of how she was happy I said yes and happy we were her Mommy & Daddy, when she said, "You had pepperoni huh?".

No comments:

Site Meter