Sunday, February 04, 2007

May I Take Your Order Please?

One of my "pre-kid" thoughts that began..."When I have kids, I'll never (fill in the blank)" was that I didn't want going out for fast food to be a common occurrence. I wanted their Happy Meal trips to be few and far between so it would always be a special treat/occasion for them.

As with 80% of these "pre-kid" thoughts, this, too, went out the window once the little dears actually arrived on the scene. However, even with how often we get our lunch/supper from a drive-thru, they still get excited each and every time.

Once a month David and I volunteer in Reese's morning class at church and today was our day. There were only 3 little girls in there so we went ahead and took Drue out of her little class and brought her in with us.

In addition to a plastic kitchen and tool bench, there is also a little plastic drive-thru window for them to play with. Drue felt right at home and promptly went over and stuck her head out the window and said, "Mommy, it's time for McSonic."

Perhaps we should cut back on our fast food outings after all.....

No comments:

Site Meter