Monday, March 10, 2008

What we've been up to

**Somehow the pictures have been lost on this post...I will try and fix it tomorrow.

Well, it was my own fault. Last winter one of the kids was sick every week it seemed like. David and I would take turns staying home with them, while the other one took the well kids to church. It was a long winter. This winter we seemed to escape most of the crud and were able to go to church as one big happy family. So what did I do? Weeks ago I opened my big mouth while I was talking to one of my friends, saying how lucky we'd been this winter, no one had been sick, etc. So, of course, the very next week...germs, crud, phlegm, puke, fevers, etc. all descended upon our little household.

David was gone for two weeks to Pennsylvania and California. When he returned home from Pennsylvania, he brought us all a special treat...the FLU virus. It was terrible. Our viruses overlapped which has never happened before that I can remember, so one day we both had fevers of 103 and 102 and were trying to take care of the kids. Anyway, we are finally emerging from our feverish fog and I don't think I've ever been so glad to see Spring coming.

Here are a few snapshots of the sick kiddos. I had to pick Reese up from preschool TWICE for being sick. Usually even when she has a fever, it doesn't slow her down too much, but this one knocked her out. It got up to 104!
 


My sick little man. His fever got up to 103.9 that day. You can tell when he and Reese have a fever a mile away...their little faces and ears get bright red.
 


Drue's face and ears don't get red, but her eyes glass over when she has a fever. And you can't tell by touching her. One night as I was putting her to bed, I felt her forehead and it seemed fine. On a whim I decided to take her temp because her eyes were giving her away...it was 102!

I decided to throw in a few pictures of Tate's new hiding place...the girls' dresser.
 


 


And thats our lives for the past few weeks in a nutshell. Feels good to be back...

No comments:

Site Meter