Sunday, December 07, 2008

 
The kids all thought Uncle Joel was a hoot! Drue was enthralled with his "magic acts". She also liked to comb his hair.
 

 
Cozy little pallets on the floor of our room. The first night we were there the kids pleaded with me to sleep on the floor with them so I slept between Drue and Tate. The next night I slept in the full bed in the room, but in the morning they all ended up with me anyway.
 
Posted by Picasa
Joel kept saying "I'm convinced there are no bass in this pond", then one afternoon proved himself wrong...in a BIG way! He also shot a deer while we were down there but poor Bambi's picture didn't make it on here.

I understand a little more where the term "cabin fever" must have originated from. The last full day we were there, it was rainy, so the kids were all cooped up inside most of the day. Which is hard when there is such a wide expanse of outdoor fun to explore waiting just beyond the window panes. All in all we had a great time. It was fun getting to spend time with all my family, which doesn't happen too often these days. I'm very thankful for all of them.

No comments:

Site Meter