Friday, December 05, 2008

Rub a Dub Dub

I cannot begin to recall the last time I took a bubble bath.

No, really. My memory of a relaxing soak beneath the frothy bubbles cannot connect with any recent timeframe.

I rolled my sleeves up at work today because I got warm, but quickly jerked them down again to cover my dry, scaly, white arms.

So I decided that a nice long soak in the bath was warranted this evening. Complete with skin so soft oil and Mr. Bubble. Of course, all the children were intrigued. I mentioned to Reese that I was going to take a bath.

"Can I come?".

"No".

"But I'll be real quiet."

"Still no".

She went bounding off and I thought that was the end of it. A few seconds later, the CD player in Tate's room started blaring. I listened more closely to the music and realized it was her lullaby CD I played from the very first night I brought her home from the hospital.

That was the most relaxing music she could come up with to play for me. I thought that was so sweet! And I thought it was funny that she remembered me explaining to her that the difference between Mommy bubble baths and kid bubble baths were that mine had more relaxing and less rubber duckies.

Drue bopped in about that time and wanted to stay. Her request was declined as well. She couldn't tear her eyes off the full bath of bubbles. "I just want to see you get in".

After that I told her she had to sneak out of the bathroom and shut the door.

Ahhhhh.....I settled back.

47 seconds later Tate burst through the door and stopped in his tracks when he saw me immersed in HIS bathtub. He made a beeline for me but his entrance was denied also.

Not much later he snuck back in the bathroom, completely nude, except for a huge smile and I couldn't say no. In he climbed and just sat at the other end of the bath beaming.

Reese followed and made herself at home as well.

I felt bad that Drue was missing out so we called to her. Reese said, "Drue! Come join the family fun bath!".

So my third little visitor was added to my shattered moment of peace.

Reese said, "I wish our bathtub was bigger....so Daddy could get in too!".

Needless to say, I will be drawing up a lawsuit for Calgon on the grounds of false advertising....

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ha, Ha! You had me cracking up! Oh, these days go by too fast.

Site Meter