Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another "cute" story

The other night Tate and I went to Target while the girls were at AWANA. I have been wanting to get some clothes with my Christmas money. I am not usually too successful at buying clothes with the kids around because I am the type of person who has to try everything on and corralling them all into a 3 foot by 3 foot dressing room usually results in me banging my head against the side of it repeatedly in frustration and not getting anything tried on.

I thought I could successfully try on 2 items with just Tate along, and with minimal head banging. I took him into the large wheelchair accessible one partly because it was large enough for him to run around in, and partly because it doesn't have an opening at the bottom that he could escape through while I try to run after him half clothed.

Poor little guy. He is so verbal now that sometimes I only half pay attention to what he is saying. I will insert the words "ohhhhh" and "uh huh" appropriately and agree with something he's just said, "Yes you are a fast Superman", etc.

But when he really wants to get his point across he will calmly repeat the same phrase over and over and over....

Tate has already associated Target with where David works. So everytime we go to one he asks for David repeatedly. While we were in the dressing room he kept asking, "Daddy go?". "He's at work", I kept saying. "Daddy work?". "Yes, Tate". After I tried on a sweater and turned a few times in the mirror...I could hear that he had moved on to a different subject matter. "Mommaubooful....mommaubooful". I stopped and looked at him and said, "What did you say?".

He looked up at me and said more clearly, "Momma u beau'ful".

Of course my heart melted all over the dressing room floor...and then I watched him walk right up close to the mirror and say, "Tate cute!".

1 comment:

morgan said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is precious! I just read this to Jackie and Calli and they thought it was precious as well! :) I miss their cuteness . . .

Site Meter