Tuesday, September 15, 2009

That's my Girl

Drue is very blunt.

Yet very sweet.

And her bluntness cracks me up because she is still so innocent. Whatever is in her little mind...just goes ahead and comes out her little mouth. In a sweet way.

We have begun the preparation for Fall at our house. The decorations go up tomorrow. We have been lighting a pumpkin spice candle for a few weeks now. And, well, Fall is just a week away.

I have been curious to try one of those diffusers that have become so popular. With the scented liquid and reeds. So I picked a Mulled Cider scent up the other day and placed it on the dining room table.

Of course, the kids were instantly captivated. They notice the tiniest new additions to our household and must explore them at length. No one has tried to drink it yet, so that's a plus. I did save the ingestion warning label from the box just in case...

Drue was sitting at the dining room table this morning propped up on her elbows peering curiously at the diffuser and said, "How does this smell good if it's just water and sticks?".

***************************************
Later this morning we were running errands and listening to a new CD I just bought. The girls and I like a couple of Taylor Swift's songs so I went ahead and bought her CD so we could all sing our little hearts out.

Our faves are "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me".

So I was excited to show the girls that both of those songs were on this CD. I went back and forth between the two knowing that they like familiar songs to sing to.

Finally Drue piped up from the back seat, "Mama, does this only have two songs on it?".

No comments:

Site Meter