Monday, March 08, 2010

Manic Monday

While I try to be optimistic when the kids are upset or sad about something, I am, and always will be, a pessimist. Not a trait I'm proud of, but not one that I can just turn off like a switch and be overcome with a perpetual sunny outlook.

Although a beautiful weekend, it still went by a little too fast for my liking and my alarm this morning brought me face to face with the reality of a new week. I went through the motions of waking the girls, getting breakfast, checking the weather on line, getting outfits, throwing Reese in the shower, making Drue's lunch. Your basic run of the mill activities that a billion other Mothers across the world are doing as well.

We piled in the van and headed up the road to drop Reese off at school. I sighed and commented out loud, "Mondays are not fun days."

"Why?" Reese inquired.

"Just that they're the beginning of a new week, of getting everyone up and ready and all of that. I would just like to have one more day of the weekend," I explained.

Reese, sometimes wiser than her years remarked, "Then you wouldn't like Tuesdays!".

No comments:

Site Meter