Friday, March 26, 2010

Thanks for Clarifying

There's nothing like some upbeat music to lift my spirits when I'm feeling overwhelmed. Like yesterday, when I looked around at my house in shambles yet didn't have the energy to pick up one single solitary thing.

So I played some crazy tune on my computer and became instantly energized. I have to be careful about what I play around tiny ears. Because they're listening. Always listening. Not that I listen to hard core ghetto rap or anything. Heck, I don't even know what the lyrics are half the time. But if the beat helps me get up and go, then so be it.

After my peppy song was over, I pulled up the playlist on my blog.

Tate had been standing next to me listening to the music as well. Ever since he started watching American Idol this season, he feels he has the credentials to critique any and all songs he hears. Even on the radio. "That guy is not good Mom. He is not going to Hollywood", he'll declare.

As soon as the familiar hymn "My Jesus I Love Thee" began playing from my playlist he said, "I don't like that song".

"But Tate..." I said in mock disbelief, "This song is about Jesus!".

"Well, I like Jesus" he decided, "But I don't like how that lady is singing the song!".

No comments:

Site Meter