Sunday, January 30, 2011

Old Timer

The kids have been enjoying Tate's new Legos. As with anything they play together, they make up all kinds of rules on the spot. Yes, even with Legos.

I promised Tate one morning that he and I would play Legos after we dropped the girls off at school. Reese immediately started trying to explain to me some of the rules, like, when your Lego ship breaks, you have to stop and say "Repair" then you can fix it.

"What is with all these rules?", I teased. "When I was a little girl we just built things then pulled them apart and built new things."

Reese snickered and said, "You didn't have Legos when you were little!".

"Yes I did," I assured her.

"How?", she asked, wide eyed.

"What do you mean 'how'? They had Legos back then," I answered.

Very interested now, she asked, "Were they colorful?".

"Are you kidding me? Did you think they were just black & white?! Yes, I had colorful Legos when I was a kid!", I said, now laughing myself. "What did you think I played with?", I asked curiously.

She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Blocks...and wooden stuff."

No comments:

Site Meter