Wednesday, October 11, 2006

How we spent our morning

We spent a "haunting" morning decorating a Halloween gingerbread house, while listening to Halloween tunes such as Monster Mash. (I know, I know, a far cry from Away in a Manger). I asked Reese on the sly the other day if she wanted to include Drue or just decorate the house with me after Drue went down for a nap, fully expecting her to pick the latter choice. She surprised me, however, and wanted Drue to help.



Of course, more than half the fun of making a gingerbread house was eating the supplies...so I will probably have some very wound up little girls for the rest of the morning. But they actually were able to part with a few of the precious sugary treasures and decorate the house itself.


And just so Tate doesn't grow up with a complex looking back on these pictures when he's older thinking I just stuck him in a closet somewhere while they girls and I played, here he is....Halloween bib and all. (Once a theme is decided, I like to go all out).


The finished product. Enjoy it while you can kids, before the beagles find a way to get it (like they did our gingerbread house last Christmas).

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter