Sunday, October 01, 2006

"Reese"onings

- A few weeks ago the girls and I were searching the pantry for an afternoon snack. Reese pulled out a huge can of honey roasted peanuts left over from my Bunco night. "Mommy, how about these?", she asked. So I said, "Sure, honey. I had no idea you liked those." To which she responded, "Sure I do. I like them because they have peanut butter in them."

- A friend David knew from work invited us to her wedding last weekend. Reese loves playing "wedding". David has given her away a countless number of times in our living room. So, we thought it would be fun to take her along to see her first real wedding. I starting talking to Reese about the wedding weeks beforehand to get her excited about going and give her something to look forward to. One day, about a week before the anticipated date, I said, "And remember Reese, Daddy and I are taking to you a wedding next weekend." "I remember", she said. Then she got a confused look on her face as she asked, "But....just who exactly am I going to be marrying?".

- I've written before about Reese's love of princesses. Add fairies to that mix as well. We picked up some fairy wings at a garage sale awhile back and every now and then she'll drag them out and instantly transform herself into a fairy princess. The other day, all the kids were with me in the girls' room and out came the wings. "Look at me Mommy,". "Very pretty", I appropriately responded as I tried to balance Tate on one hip while plopping down to read Drue a story. She got my full attention, however, with her next statement. She took off her wings and held them against Tates' back. "And look Mommy, Buddy (Tate's nickname) is a fairy!". Of course I started laughing and sent her into our room to spread the good news to her father. I laughed some more as I heard her innocent little voice excitedly telling David, "Daddy! Daddy! Buddy is a fairy!".....and his response...."WHAT!?!? Ummm.....let's play a different game.....one where Buddy is a manly warrior."

No comments:

Site Meter