Friday, November 20, 2009

That's my Boy

The kids LOVE pointing out to me new things they can do by themselves.

"Mom! I can reach the sink without the step stool!".

"Look! I put my shoes on the right feet! All by myself!".

Reese washes her own apples and makes microwave popcorn all on her own.

Some time ago I teasingly started saying, "Awwww....you don't need your Mommy anymore" after yet another revelation of something they could do for themselves.

The girls are both quick to assure me that they do still need me. It's become a little game between us.

"But Mommy, I can't drive," one will say encouragingly.

"Mommy, I can't straighten my own hair" has also been used.

Tate, however, is a different story altogether.

Tonight he was excited to show me that he could unscrew his water bottle lid.

"I can do it all by myself!" he squealed with a big smile on his face.

Of course I responded, "Awwwww, Tate, you don't need your Mommy anymore."

To which he simply replied, "Nope".

And went on his merry way.

1 comment:

Julie said...

LOL! That was funny. Boys...

Site Meter