Monday, September 04, 2006

Out of the mouths of Babes....

My girls crack me up with some of the stuff they come up with. It is so funny to see how their little brains work and to hear what comes out of their mouths. Tonight, on 2 separate occasions, the kids and I were waiting in the van while David ran into the grocery store to pick up a few things. It is so much easier to get shopping done that way....one of us runs in, while the other holds down the mobile fort.

At the first grocery store, I said something along the lines of, "What is taking Daddy soooo long in there?" (he only needed to get a few things). Of course, I said it out loud as a rhetorical question but Reese thought about it a minute and then said, "Maybe he choosed another woman."

"What?!" I asked her, trying not to sound too shocked. (If I sounded too shocked, she would have thought she was in trouble and would have made something else up.) And I really wasn't sure if I had heard her correctly in the first place. So she repeated, "You know...maybe he choosed another mommy."

Now where on Earth had she gotten that idea? No telling.

At the second grocery store (Price Chopper) a few hours later, Reese looked out the window and excitedly said, "Look....'R' for Reesie".

"Very good honey", I replied. Then, not to leave Drue out, I asked her, "What does your name start with Drue?".

Drue: "R".

Me: "No.....'D'".

Drue: "R".

Me: "No sweetie. 'D'. D-R-U-E.....spells Drue".

Drue: "Ohhhh.....good job!".




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute K.

Hey I loved my quilt square. Did you still have that shirt. Amazing. What made you think to do that....

Love it.
Al

Site Meter