Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bittersweet Exchange

Sick Mommy.

Messy House.

Kids who have caught on to the fact that "Hey, we sure can get away with a lot more when Mommy doesn't feel good and doesn't have a yelling voice."

Thoughts of crawling into a hole in the backyard and the only thing keeping me from doing so is not having any energy to dig one to begin with.

Conversation between Reese and I a few minutes ago when I plopped down on the living room floor and pulled her into my lap:

Me: "I love you even when you act naughty."

Reese: "And I love you even when you scream at me."

(Doesn't that sound like something straight out of a Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Love You Site! Ill Be Back Often :)

Unknown said...

Aww, I hope you feel better.

Margo said...

Very sweet. I can't relate, again, I have boys. ;-)

Feel better soon. It's stinks to be sick with little ones to have to care for. No fun. I'm just getting over a yuck bug myself.

Site Meter