Friday, January 05, 2007

Innocent Thoughts about the Birds & the Bees

Reese was coloring one day and said, "Look Mommy. I made a wedding card for when you and daddy got married. There's you. There's Daddy. And there's (pointing at a line between our faces) you and Daddy kissing."

Because I'm oh-so-curious about how her little mind works, I asked her why people kissed at weddings.

"Because if you don't kiss....you don't get a baby", she informed me.

Today after their bath I pulled Tate out first and was bundling him up in his towel when I heard Reese end her sentence with, ".....because Buddy's not a virgent yet."

"He's not a virgent?", I repeated.

"Nope. He doesn't have a wife yet, so he's not a virgent."

(I was wondering how long it would take her to key into the word virgin after hearing the Christmas story this season. Someday I'll have to set her straight that she's got the concept a wee bit backwards....)

1 comment:

Margo said...

That just made my day!

Site Meter