Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Fun With Numbers

1...degree. 1 lousy, good-for-nothin' freezing my bones from the inside out, degree. That was the temperature outside when I left for work this morning.

2...number of times Drue coughed so hard last night she "spittied" (threw up) all over her jammies and her sheets.

3...number of my kids who are all sick with their own unique version of the heinous crud I had last week.

4...number of days until their father returns home from his business trip to, none other than, sunny California!

5...number of times I've cursed my husband for calling last night and lightheartedly sharing with me that his hotel is a mere stone's throw from the beach.

6...number of times Tate caused me to jump out of my skin during the night by caughing/barking sounding like a sick cross between a seal and a goose.

7...number of steps I ran down in a flash to fill up the humidifier for Tate after his first episode of barking; ran back up to plug it in; ran back down to let the dog out when she let out a long beagle bellow to get outside at midnight!

8...number of pounds I've lost being sick and not wanting to eat anything for a WEEK!

9...number of interrupted hours of sleep I used to get before the kids came on the scene.

10...number of times a day I am so thankful I hold the role of "Mommy", sick kids, pukey sheets, and all.


Update:

David called this morning and the 1st thing out of his mouth was, "I miss my family." I told him the feeling was likewise and proceeded to tell him how sick the kids were and how the night had gone. He was quiet a minute, then remaked, "Well, maybe I don't miss you all so much now."

4 comments:

Margo said...

Kristen, hang in there. Right now I'm just shaking my head wishing I knew what to say. I don't have three kids, only two, but I can empathize with you, and I am.

Anonymous said...

My countdown:
10…number of times a day I thank God for my family.
9…time on Saturday morning I hope my wife will sleep in till.
8…hours on Saturday I hope my wife will take for herself.
7…times I wish I were as creative as my wife
6…cups of coffee I drink a day (I didn’t know what else to put)
5…number of times I wake up a night missing my family.
4…more trips already planned this year.
3…sick kids I wish I were home to help with.
2…more days before I’m home.
1…best friend, life partner, and lover whom I love with all my heart.

Margo said...

Awwww, that is so sweet!!!

Yea for Saturday morning! :-)

I was just rocking Christian to sleep and was wondering how you were doing. Then I got him down and came to do some blogging and you had left me a comment!

I hope you're getting lots of rest and enjoying your family this weekend!

Are the kiddies feeling better

Kristen said...

Hey Margo! The kids are much better, thanks for asking. I am recharged and ready to face another week (with David in town thankfully). Yeah, he won a few brownie points with his comment... :)

Site Meter