Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mom Gone Wild

Ok, so this post isn't as exciting as the title would lead one to believe. But it's a milestone and I'm choosing to document it for further reference nonetheless....

Tate has officially been weaned!!

- I've had a wild cherry pepsi everday this week (two on somedays)!

- I bypassed the bottled water and bought a coke guilt free out of the vending machine at work.

- I actually drank coffee* out of David's pot this morning rather than having to make a separate batch of decaff. (* my version of "coffee" really consists of 1/3 coffee, 1/3 sugar, and 1/3 french vanilla creamer).

- I treated myself to my very own order of "Cheddar Peppers" this evening.

Don't get me wrong, all of my small sacrifices were worth it for my bonding experience with the little guy. However, because of my "caffeine boost" coupled with the fact that he has slept through the night from the very first day of weandom...I have been enjoying all my newfound energy!

My office at work has a teeny tiny supply closet where I would go for my pumping sessions on Tuesdays/Thursdays. Even though I was behind closed doors in the closet, my boss and I would go ahead and shut the office door also. Routinely, staff would barge right on in, and to my horror, my boss would have to explain to them what that strange whirring motor sound was! So I have decided to celebrate the end of my pumping days at work with a little party. Imagine my co-workers surprise when they get the e-mail from me, a well-known conservative Southern Baptist, inviting them to my "Coming out of the Closet" Party!!!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Time for a nursing bra burning party!! Whoot!

Site Meter