Saturday, September 08, 2007

Barbie Beckons

A friend of mine called at 8:30 last night to tell me that Barbie was going to be at the zoo today. Being the proud owners of 5 Barbie Princess movies and of 2 little girls who watch them over and over and over again, I was elated to discover this. Tate watches them as well, but David swears up and down he must just be interested in the swords the princes carry. I found David watching TV and simply said, "Barbie is going to be at the zoo tomorrow." Just hearing that one sentence, he too, knew our Saturday morning had just been booked.

The line was already very long by the time we got there. Apparently, they were also showing a sneak peek of the new Barbie Princess movie. But the reserved seats were all taken for that. Which was fine...we just wanted the girls to get a glimpse of Barbie, in the flesh. (I'm sure David was hoping to get a glimpse of her as well). I was so anxious standing there waiting. She was only there until 11am and I was scared to death we would finally get up to the front of the line and she would leave. It's so funny how you can handle disappointments for yourself with ease, but when it comes to your kids, you'd do anything to prevent them. No, I didn't have to knock any little girls in the knee caps to get ahead in line. Thankfully, we made it about 5 minutes before she was about to leave.
 


We had a leisurely carousel ride. They make David dizzy so he always sends me instead. I told Reese to pick 3 animals together so I could be sure and hold on tight to Tate while also keeping an eye on them. She thought I meant to pick something we could all ride together, so we all squeezed into this peacock bench. They were a little sad when they realized it didn't go up and down.
 


Here's a shot of my big guy climbing up the entire slide all by himself!
 


We stopped for lunch afterwards and Tate started howling to get out of his seat so I started playing peek-a-boo with him. I couldn't get enough of his little laugh. When I see his smile, it makes me forget for a minute how ornery he is.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Margo said...

So that's Barbie in the flesh, huh? Not exactly how I pictured her. I am not a Barbie person. In some ways I'm glad I don't have girls, but that doesn't mean I don't want to try just one more time! I'm still ready for baby #3. :-) Look at tate climbing that slide! He's getting to be such a big boy! Looks like you guys had fun!

Site Meter