Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener...

I love the show House Hunters on HGTV. I don't even know why. And David has pondered that out loud on more than one occasion. "Why do we even care which house these people pick to live in?". (Don't let him fool you, he gets as involved as I, in their decision making process).

For those of you who have no idea what the show is about, basically it follows a different family/couple each episode who are looking for a new house. A realtor takes them through 3 houses, and at the end of the show, they pick the one they want and buy it. But there's a twist. 80% of the time, they pick the one you'd least expect them too.

I actually had to ground myself from watching it a few months ago, because I was getting depressed that our biggest dilemma in life, wasn't which $500,000 house to pick.

Well, this morning we were watching it and the houses were gorgeous and expensive, and had backyard oases complete with swimming pools. After we found out which one the couple chose, Reese asked, "Mommy? Do you wish you had that house?".

"YES! I do. I really really do," I answered emphatically.

Reese slumped down next to me and said regrettably, "Ooooh...maybe I shouldn't have pointed that out."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE that show too and watch it all the time!!!! That is too funny.

Alice

Site Meter