Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Drue is a sneaky sleepwalker. By that, I mean she can sneak so quietly into our room at night, climb into our bed, and snuggle herself in between David and I and we won't even know she's there! We are surprised many a morning to wake up and see her little brown curly head sleeping peacefully right smack dab in the middle of our bed.

On occasion, she has snuck downstairs while David is watching TV, crouched up into a little ball behind the couch and fallen asleep. Unbeknownst to David until he heads upstairs for the night and finds her there.

It always takes me aback when I go to check on her and find that her bed is e-m-p-t-y. Thus begans the mad scramble to find her. Once she was balled up next to our bed on the floor next to the wall. One morning I went to check on her before I headed off to work and found that she had gone downstairs to sleep on the couch, and had tucked herself in and everything.

What a funny little girl.

Last night, I went to check on the girls before I went to bed and to turn their light off. I opened their door and immediately saw that Drue's bed was unoccupied. I had just come from my room so I knew she wasn't in there. Just as I was mustering up the energy to go search for her, I looked down at the foot of Reese's bed and there she was.

 


Why didn't we think of this before? We could have saved some money on a bed for her. They probably would be able to sleep comfortably like this for another few years or so...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter