Friday, April 13, 2007

Lil' fishie #2

 
Posted by Picasa


And here she is. Excited about her very first night of swimming lessons. Again, it feels strange putting on swimsuits in 40 degree weather, but so be it. Hopefully our real Spring weather is on its' way. (It also feels strange mowing the yard in 40 degree weather, but apparently, our stubborn grass is saying, "Hey, it's not our fault it has dipped back down to almost freezing temps. It's Spring! And I'm supposed to grow!").

We hadn't really planned on putting Drue in swimming lessons this early. But she saw me taking Reese every week and all it took was one bat of her long eyelashes and one innocent inquiry...."When do I get to go to swimming lessons?" to send me straight to our computer to sign her up.

Since she's only 2, a parent has to be in the pool with her. Neither David, nor I, were too excited about donning our swim garments this early in the season but we were both eager to be with her in the water. So far, I've been the one going with her. But I think we may trade off. I am way shy and introverted but have managed to join in with the other parents as we laugh about our kids getting a taste of the big pool. (Literally, one of them is always choking on inhaled water). So, I am going to put off letting David take her, because he's just a jolly guy, who can shoot the breeze with anyone, so I'm sure the first night he goes, he'll be the life of the class and come back having made friends with all the other parents. They will want him to come everytime and that will be all she wrote for lil' ol' me.

I'm really glad we decided to sign Drue up, because 1:1 time spent with each of our kids is few and far between. So far, she's learned to blow bubbles, jump in from the side of the pool, make small kicks, and move her little arms cupping her hands like ice cream scoops. Of course, we are doing all these movements to such songs as "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "It's Raining, It's Pouring", etc.

There is a little girl in her class named "Kristen", which is kind of confusing to her, since that's her Mommy's name too. I will tell you this though....these swimming lessons are kicking my patootie. I am so tired when they're finished. I have been in bed a little after 8:30p both nights so far. It takes a lot out of a person to hold a squirming toddler in the water, arms and legs flailing about, for 30 minutes....it's true...try it sometime!

No comments:

Site Meter