Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Forgotten Funny

When I don't have a pen and paper handy and something "blogworthy" happens, I sometimes text message it to myself on my phone. I was scrolling through messages yesterday and found a reminder from April that I had forgotten to post about:

Sunday mornings are a mad scramble at our house. It usually ends up that I get all the kids and myself ready while David takes care of....himself. At this stage in our lives, I can't fathom how "Sunday mornings" and "relaxing" are synonomous. Boggles my mind.

After I coax the kids into eating their breakfast in a timely fashion rather than inspecting each and every cheerio in their bowl, get them dressed, do their hair, pack bags for the little ones, I have just about reached my limit. As we shuffle them all out to the van with at least one of them crying about who knows what I am usually screaming something along the lines of...."STOP WHINING AND FIGHTING...LET'S GO WORSHIP THE LORD!!!".

David gets his kicks out of aggravating us at times. I don't know why. That's just the way it is. He balances me out that way I guess. So on one particular harried Spring Sunday morning, he was being his usual jokester self while I was being my usual frantic self and he kept bugging me while we were trying to get everyone into the van and buckled. He had picked that particular moment to try and plant a kiss on my cheek. And I was trying unsuccessfully to squirm away and complete my task.

Finally Reese asked, "Mommy, why did you marry that man?".

This tickled me and I simply replied, "Because he asked me," thinking that answer would suffice.

She thought for a second then piped up, "You should have said no."

1 comment:

Margo said...

Woo Hoo!! It worked! I can be so dim-witted! Sorry it's taken me so long. :-)

It's so great to be back!

Site Meter