Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Reese!

 


Reese is 6 today! I don't know why, but that just sounds so much older to me than 5...and I am being totally serious. She can no longer flash her age with one hand, it now requires two! And I think I am also thinking about all the many changes that have occurred, or will occur, this year that will make her seem so much older also.

She'll be reading soon.

She'll be losing teeth.

She goes to school 5 days a week.

She has opinions about how she wants to wear her hair.

The list goes on and on.

Thankfully, she is still my sweet little Reese. And sensitive. We took the kids to see Beverly Hills Chihuhua a few weeks ago. A funny, quirky movie with talking dogs. It was about a lost dog trying to find its home and each time something happened to set it back, I would look down and see tears streaming down Reese's face.

She is a lot of fun to be around. I enjoy taking her out just by herself sometimes to run errands, etc. And she's always excited to go. She grabs her little purse and we're off.

She still likes me to carry her from time to time, especially first thing in the morning when we are headed downstairs. And I will...as long as my back holds out.

We love you Reese. You are so special to us!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter