Sunday, March 15, 2009

Four Score & Seven Years Ago...

Reese and I were going over one of her verses she needed to memorize for AWANA tonight.

Hebrews 11:8
"By faith, Abraham...obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."


She does really well with learning her verses but still lacks self-confidence for some reason. And she hasn't quite grasped the concept of practice. She feels that once she hears the verse one time, she should know it. And gets frustrated when that doesn't happen.

She was saying it back to me and I told her to do as much as she could, and when she got stumped I would help her with the next word.

So she began, "By faith..." and paused. But I could see her "wheels" turning so I waited to see if the name came to her. Apparently, when she couldn't remember the name Abraham, she decided to use the next most logical name that she could recall and filled in the blank this way...

"By faith Lincoln..."

No comments:

Site Meter