Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Day Late...and a Dollar Short

 
Posted by Picasa


This post is a day late...because our anniversary was yesterday.

And a dollar short...because, well, we have 3 kids to feed, clothe, and feed some more.

(Hey, it was a catchy title, so I had to come up with some explanation.)

11 years and 3 kids later, David and I have a great little life together.

I was crazy in love with David on our wedding day and am even more so now. He may be laughing at that statement. Sure, there is the occasional nagging because he doesn't clean the kitchen to my standards...and I slip off to bed without telling him good night at times...and I try to give him the silent treatment when I am irritated by something he's done (which doesn't seem to phase him--in fact, I think he enjoys it).

Before we had kids, I just loved him because he was a great boyfriend/husband.

Seeing him be a great dad makes me love him all the more.

He was the more patient one with our inconsolable newborns.

He runs in the house everyday after work as excited to see the kids as if he'd been gone for months.

He lets them help him with projects, even though that may mean the projects take much longer to get completed.

And he doesn't seem to tire of their neverending questions about anything and everything.

This morning he woke up early to go to the grocery store before church. But before he could leave, Tate woke up and came walking sleepily into our room. David scooped him up, and brought him back to bed just to snuggle with him for a little bit...leaving his errand to run later.

By the way, this TOTALLY counts as a Father's Day post as well!! So, on June 21st I will simply put "Refer to anniversary post".

The beautiful picture was done by Reese. She is quick to draw a picture for someone whatever the occasion. If I mention someone is having a birthday at work, she draws them a picture. If someone loses a loved one, she scrambles to find her crayons to cheer them up.

And, no, those three little heads on the left hand side are not Reese, Drue, and Tate. Which was my initial thought too. And, oh boy, I wasn't ready to have that "talk" yet and explain why they were not at our wedding. Those people are just random wedding guests. Who are sitting in front of the cake. Doesn't it look yummy?

No comments:

Site Meter